When you feel so all alone and you know your light is dim--
Turn your face toward the SON and let your heart seek Him.

~Sarah Leathers

Friday, May 23, 2008

Musings from Abraham's Life
And a College Motto...
I love God's Word. I kick myself everytime I stray from the daily reading of His book....there is so much He wants to say to me that I miss if I don't seek for Him in the pages of His "breath" in my hands.
I was reading in Hebrews this morning--meditating on the faith of Abraham. Did you ever notice that Abraham had the most "faith verses" in chapter eleven? Well, he did. What made Abraham interesting? His goal was not here. He was looking to a city "whose founder and builder is God..." In other words, Abraham made it a practice of looking heavenward.
It made me think: do I do everything for a heavenward purpose? Am I looking for that future city instead of fretting so much about this dumpy (because any place when compared to Heaven is dumpy) place? I got my focus rearranged this morning--and it felt good.
I also found my college motto:
"Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him."
II Corinthians 5:9
Whether I'm home where it's easy to work with my family for a God purpose, or in Timbucktu (and people have threatened to send me there) I know my ambition--to be pleasing to my God.
If you haven't done it yet today (or even if you have) pull out the book of promise and sit to soak up some peace or conviction from God's gift to us: His word. I promise, it could change your life forever....
God's Gal Sarah

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sarah,
How wonderful that our God is. You know when I don't spend time with him in prayer and in his word its so easy to get back into that pit that God has saved me from.
Have a wonderful day.
Where did you decide to go to college at?
God will do such wonderful things within and through you as you keep you eyes on him.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. <><