When you feel so all alone and you know your light is dim--
Turn your face toward the SON and let your heart seek Him.

~Sarah Leathers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

In the shower of grace stand I....
I was just reading from Romans 5. How wonderful to sit and think about the sanctification by faith that we recieve in Christ Jesus. Read verse two if you have your Bible handy. If you don't then just read it below:
"...through whom [Jesus] also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God."
For some strange reason (and I can only account for this because I am a strange person) I imagined a huge shower. White tiles surround the walls of this place and it invites me in. I come in with the filthiness of the world clinging to my skin. As soon as I step in, water begins to cover me. This water is grace. All of the shame and grime that I had carried for so long begins to fall off--washed away in the torrent of grace.
Suddenly, I have hope of God's glory. What can I say? Grace has a way of opening my eyes to a hope I would have never seen otherwise. I begin to exult--leaping and rejoicing, all the while clothed in His grace.
Now I must continue reading....
VERSES 3-5:
remind us that we can now (because of that cleansing shower of grace) rejoice in our tribulations because we know that they bring about perseverance--which brings about proven character--which brings about hope--which is NEVER disappoints us.
All this because of a washing of grace in the shower...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I run to the shower, all covered in grime.
My soul bears the wounds of a sinful pastime.
The walls of the shower are lined in white--
I fear to step in with my nasty plight.
But the appeal grows stronger and I cannot contest
The draw of a love that I cannot resist.
So in I step--carrying all of my shame.
But I'll step out never the same.
For the shower of grace covers my soul--
Healing my wounds and making me whole.
Now covered and clean I leap and rejoice.
I'm covered in a blood shed by choice.
Perseverance, character, and hope will come--
All because of a shower of grace chosen by some.
~Sarah Leathers
copyright 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading my meditations from the book of Romans--
God's Gal Sarah

4 comments:

Maria said...

Thanks! That is a really good analogy and I don't think your weird. :)

TheShermanFam said...

I love reading your thoughts!! Thanks for always being so open and honest...
And I hope to see ya Wednesday...
OH, AND I'm sad you and the fam aren't going to camp this summer :(
BUT...I still love ya!!! :)
Ember

Anonymous said...

I, too, am a daughter of grace--and weep as I read your words. Anyone who has ever "stepped in shower" never comes out the same. I love you,
Mom

TheShermanFam said...

Sarah--
Tell your momma I would love to help her with a scrapbook for your papacito!!
Ember :D