When you feel so all alone and you know your light is dim--
Turn your face toward the SON and let your heart seek Him.

~Sarah Leathers

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Peace--and So Sweet It Is
Well, I'm home. No doubt, you are now wondering...well, did you leave? I'm sorry I have not blogged sooner. The month of March passed so quickly and I lost track of time. When you throw in there a visit to two colleges and overwhelming research papers and school, you soon discover why I have not written since March 19th. So I will try to fill you in on the happenings....
Since receiving my tenative acceptance into Wayland, I decided that I actually needed to SEE the campus. Mom and I drove down to Plainview on March 27th (if I remember right) and she attended chapel with me. I stayed the night and she brought moy car back home. I went to the Hawk Nelson/Run Kid Run concert Wayland offered on Friday night--losing all of my best hearing in the process. (haha) Needless to say, they were a little harder than Point of Grace and most of everything else I usually listen to. The one plus of the whole experience was that I had the privilege of meeting a sweet girl named Mary--who introduced me to my first cup of jasmine tea. I had to joke with Anna when I got home that I finally drank a whole cup of hot tea....something I've never done before.
Mom, Dad, and Anna came on Saturday and we spent the day in meetings, tours, and college promotions. I even won a small scholarship at one of the events. We came home and agreed that we did not really feel 100% sure that that was where God wanted me to be. So I think, "that's ok, Dad and I are going to Pensacola Christian College this next week and maybe I'll find my answer there." God has a big sense of humor.
Here are some things I learned from our trip to Pensacola:
1. Commercial flying is not all it is cracked up to be
2. Flying makes me kinda sick
3. Florida is humid
4. Humidity makes my hair curl
5. PCC is a beautiful campus
6. The school is very conservative
7. If you want have every student's attention, walk with your father who wears a cowboy hat and boots--in Florida...:-)
8. It is wise to take more than just a sheet to a dorm that runs the Air Conditioner 24-7....I nearly froze to death
9. It is hard to sleep with an i-pod, cell phone, and Bible clutched near your heart--you don't sleep
10. Top bunks aren't all they're cracked up to be
11. Flying makes me sick
12. Flying makes me sick
13. Flying makes me sick
14. The campus was wonderful
15. The classrooms were immaculate
16. The classes were very based on practical application
17. For now, PCC is NOT where God want's me.
How did I deduce that? Glad you asked.
I had almost decided that I wanted to go to PCC...but I did not have a Bible promise or a great sense of peace. So I finally prayed, "Lord, I have avoided asking for a sign. But it would really help if I could have an aswer by this afternoon." That was one of the most despairing afternoons of my life. I have not felt that much fear and anxiety since before I completely gave my life to God three years ago.
The college was great and the standards high--but it was not me. I amost felt like a caged animal whenever I thought of attending the school. I did not feel great peace until I said, "I don't think this is it." At that moment, I felt the most peace I have felt in weeks. Only God could grant that much release and utter peace. So Dad and I enjoyed our stay and came home.
Now I am back to looking at more colleges....and we'll see what God does. For now, I don't know where God wants me, but I am relishing the front seat view of what He's going to do. Thanks for praying for me....I felt your prayers. I still covet them.
Because He lives,
Because He is good,
God's Gal Sarah

6 comments:

TheShermanFam said...

Geez...finally!! You are not aloud to slack that much ever again!!
Ok, so I'm sure your mom is relieved that Pensacola is not the place for you! Hopefully God wants you closer to home ;)
Glad you're back...and SO SORRY that flying made you sick :(
see ya tomorrow!
Ember

Laura said...

Sarah,
I found your blog on Beth's blog and I just had to check you out.
What a sweet heart you have for our LORD.
Ok let me introduce myself. My name is Laura and I live in North Florida. Sorry that Florida wasn't for you but GOd has a special purpose for you.
GOd is good all the time. Praying that God will show you his direct purpose.
Have a wonderful day.

Cattlemans Daughter said...

Thanks sweetie for the update! Glad to know that flying makes you sick! :-) Keep looking to him and you will do great. No I did not get your email..please try it again here is my email:
cattlemansdaughter@gmail.com. What is yours?????? Cannot believe we don't have each others emails..

love you, miss you hope to see you soon, amy

Cattlemans Daughter said...

btw dear..you can go to my blogger profile and hit the email link and have my correct email address... :D

Cattlemans Daughter said...

btw again.... i love the new profile picture!!! You look beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

It's very comforting knowing where you're not supposed to be even though the where you are supposed to be is still in the air. I experienced that with Hardin Simmons in Abilene. I was set on going there, but I didn't have a peace about it when I visited. Like you I had an acceptance letter from Wayland but wasn't so sure about it. God directed me here, and I still pray that He will guide you in your college decision as well. ..."And the peace of God, which transends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:7
<><
ps my e-mail is jesusfreakfbc@hotmail.com (since I don't have a blogspot)