When you feel so all alone and you know your light is dim--
Turn your face toward the SON and let your heart seek Him.

~Sarah Leathers

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Beautiful Little Octopus
Oh so Deadly One....


I sat in Zoology class a while back, enjoying the lesson on Mollusks. Suddenly, a new slide popped up on the screen. Instead of a boring colored octopus, I saw a blue and yellow circled mollusk...it's beauty captivating me. My professor then commented, "But this is the one octopus you don't want to meet. He's very poisonous." Suddenly, it hit me...isn't that how sin is? It looks beautiful and tantalizing--tempting us to reach out and touch. We tend to think, "How could something so beautiful be harmful to me? It must be of God." Then Satan has us just where he wants us--believing that his decorated poison must be good. He knows he has us trapped. We reach out and grasp the sin because we are not founded enough in the Word to test it for the lie it actually is.
How careful we must be to, not just avoid the sin, but avoid being so unlearned in the Bible that we just assume something is good--when it's not. I don't know about you, but lately I've been struggling with indepth study of God's Word. I feel so "un-filled", always wishing for more time, fewer responsibilities, and more self-discipline to avoid those "self-arranged-distractions" so I can learn more and more at the feet of Jesus. I hope this inspires you to go glean from the field of God's Word. We need to be ready for those temptations...trust me, they will come. But God has equipped us with the mighty power of His Word as a defense against those "beautiful" octopi which tempt us. I love you, dear reader. Take heart and trust in Him. He is faithful.


Because He lives...


God's Gal Sarah

Blue-ringed octopus
google image

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Sarah that is what I needed to hear. Love you guys,
Sarah M.

TheShermanFam said...

I miss talking with you and your Mom on Wednesdays :(!
Love reading your blog!
Em

Lavonda Pflug said...

I keep checking for a new post and there is none. What have you been doing that has you so busy you can't blog? If it is Bible study, I guess it is okay, but if not... Get with it girl! ;)
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Sarah! This is so true-ignorance isn't bliss. Thank you for showing me your blog and sharing your God given insite. Reading one blog has been encouraging, and I look forward to scrolling through some more toe-stepping truth.
I hope your weekend at Wayland was helpful. I pray that God directs you in your college decisions. The most important thing is to be in the center of God's will for your life. I hope to see you online even if God directs you elsewhere. Have a blessed week!
<>< Mary