When you feel so all alone and you know your light is dim--
Turn your face toward the SON and let your heart seek Him.

~Sarah Leathers

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday Night Omlette....Oh My!

Well, Sarah C came down to help me ring in my 18th birthday. Technically my birthday is not until Monday, but we celebrated this weekend. So, tonight we saw a commercial advertising "eggs in a bottle." They were advertising these eggs in an omlette fashion. Here is an approximate short take of what happened next.
Anna: Let's make an omlette!
Mom: Yeah, you guys can do that.
Sarah C: Ok.
Me: I can't believe we're gonna make an omlette so late at night. (about 8:30)
We three girls troop into the Kitchen.
Anna to me: You make the omlette. You know how.
Sarah C: I really don't like eggs. It took me a while to like them.
Anna: Yeah, me too.
Me thinking: So WHY are we scrounging around making an EGG omlette?!

We drag out ingredients and I start the pan warming on the stove.
They hand me four eggs.
I discover that pan is too big...after it is already hot and I have eggs poured in pan...
Me: We need more eggs.
Anna: How many more?
Me *sizing up pan*: Three or four.
We add eggs to pan.
We also add: ~Ham (yum)
~Cheddar Cheese (yumm)
~Parmesean Cheese (yummm)
~Onion Powder *because none of us wanted REAL onions* (hmm)
~Garlic Powder (a hint of spice makes everything nice)
~Salt
~Pepper
~Cinnamon. Wait...WHAT? Yes, tis true. Anna had added cinnamon to our egg omlette with the estimation that it would taste...um....good.

*I think to myself we would need more sour cream to cover this taste*
~We add a few tomato bits and decide to close this omlette and enjoy.
Regular plate is too small for a 7-8 egg omlette so I grap a platter.
Sarah C. and I fill tall glasses of milk--knowing that we would need them.
So we decide to sit picnic style on the living room floor. Anna stares at our food and declares the rule for our "snack". NO ONE STOPS EATING UNTIL THIS THING IS GONE.

Me *in thought*: How bad can it be?

HA..

HAHA...

HAHAHA....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... *tears and weeping*
I hope this pictures tell our story well...



Needless to say, trying to choke down a cinnamon omlette with two girls who really don't like eggs was a HOOT! Hope you get a laugh out of it....we did! :-)

God's Gal Sarah
P.S.>>I don't think I'm gonna fit in my dress tomorrow!

5 comments:

Lavonda Pflug said...

So did you top it with ketchup or hot sauce? Happy Birthday!

Lavonda Pflug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Looks like you had a good bday. Kinda sounds like our mac and cheese. This Sarah girl must have the same affect on you guys as A and I do. As Caleb says we are just loud when we are with you.
Sarah M.
Tell Anna I still want to meet Sarah

Cattlemans Daughter said...

ha ha!! :D Know you all had a blast!

Wanted to ask you for your email. I don't have it. mine is: cattlemansdaughter@gmail.com and would love to have yours. Also; I had talked to Adrianne and she said that she has really enjoyed having you in class! She is such a dear; glad you two are together in that class of all classes! :D

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! hey-your b-day is ten days before mine! (and a few years) <>< mary