When you feel so all alone and you know your light is dim--
Turn your face toward the SON and let your heart seek Him.

~Sarah Leathers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

And God Continues to Work


WOW--it's been nearly a month since I last posted. I feel really bad. I miss my blog!


But while college keeps me incredibly busy, God has continued to work in me and through me. I am just bursting to tell you of how He is using me now....

A small church from Abilene has been going to a tiny town near here to work with the kids from the area. Most of these kids have a parent in prison or problems in the home. Some of the kids ride a bus two hours to and from the location just to meet with the group. So students from Hardin-Simmons have been going to the town and playing with the kids. Basically, the college kids go, play with the kids, worship with them, teach them the Bible, and do this every week. I started going with the church and I now hope I never stop.


God has seen fit to put me with the teenage girls--and I am even getting to teach them now. If you know anything about me, you know that this is my dream, my passion, my ambition, and my driving force: for God to make a difference in the lives of teenage girls through me. How blessed and excited I am for this chance!

As time progresses, I hope and pray that God continues to open up more doors for opportunities to work with teenage girls. There is such a need there--please pray for me: that I will be in tune with God and only speak what HE wants those girls to hear. That's all they need.

As for the rest of life, I LOVE COLLEGE! I go to class, do homework, hang out with friends, go back to class, do more homework, and rarely sleep. ;-) God is bringing some great people into my life and I thank Him for that.

God has also been making me think alot about prophecy lately. It's a long story, but I was actually prophesied over and so I am having to research whether the prophecy was of God or not....I am also about to get into a Bible study about knowing God's will. Please pray for me. There are ideas and opinions regarding both prophecy and God's will--some that might be right and others that are obviously wrong..I just need some Godly discernment. I just love watching God reveal Himself through His Word--and that's where I want to find the answers for these big issues.

I have missed you, dear readers! I hope to update again very soon with some great scriptures....

Because He lives,
God's Gal Sarah





2 comments:

Lavonda Pflug said...

I'm glad to see that this new chapter in you life seems to be fitting you so well. I've heard that homeschooled kids have a hard time adjusting to college!! LOL!!!
Thanks for following my blog. I'm all the way up to 3. WOW!

TheShermanFam said...

I was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to update this thing again!!
Looks like you are doing well and having a great time, too!!
We miss ya!!