When you feel so all alone and you know your light is dim--
Turn your face toward the SON and let your heart seek Him.

~Sarah Leathers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

NSO--the HSU way...
YES YES YES! I am moved in to Hardin-Simmons University. I really like it-and I've only been here--wait, let me count--three days! Right now we are having New Student Orientation: aka NSO. It's been a regular blast.
Yesterday we went all over the campus playing ridiculous games and doing our team chants. My team is the $100,000 Pyramid. Yes, some of you might know of the game show--though most of our team does not. :-) I have "parents" that lead our team and make every moment as crazy as possible. It's really been a blast for this "shell-bound kid!"
Today was hillarious. Since you weren't there, and I was too dirty to take pictures, I just want you to imagine this with me.
1. A HUGE blue tarp
2. probably 85% of HSU's largest freshman class
3. about 6 little swimming pools FILLED with paint...
4. A Fire truck
6. Oh yeah, it was fun!
OK, so here's the set-up. The teams were split and each team had a different trick to do. I had to do the crab crawl across the wet tarp, jump into the pool of paint, then crawl back to tag the person behind me. I don't know how I looked....I'm sure it was embarrassing and I would most likely want to destroy any pictures of the event. But I had so much fun. A couple of the girls in my group joined me in sliding each other into the puddles and then they proceeded to splash the paint into my face, eyes, ears, and anywhere else they could get it. OK OK...I did my share of splashing! We had so much fun! Pictures, you chant? I'll try to get some uploaded soon. The internet in my room is on the fritz and I'll be honest, I have been really busy and out of my room. I'll get pics soon!
ON TO MORE IMPORTANT THINGS:
I got up this morning and sat in the lobby of the dorm to read my Bible. Here's what I found:
In II Peter 2: 4, Paul talks about being living stones. At first I read that and though, "HOW COOL, I'M A LIVING STONE!" Then I read on. In verse 5 Paul says that God takes those living stones and makes them into a spitirual house. I thought, WOW. God can use me in great ways, but He needs the rest of those living stones to make the house He needs. In short, I need my Christian brothers and sisters--and they need me. God needs all of us. I don't know if that gets you--but it gets me.
WEll, I gotta go meet my group! I will catch you all later!
In the service of the King,
God's Gal Sarah
P.S> HI ANNA! HI MOM! HI DAD! I love you all. I miss your smiling faces. I AM going to be ok. GOd's still in control and doing a work in me. Never stop praying! Will call you soon! xoxoxo

No comments: